...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Sunday, January 6, 2008

No you're not seeing double...

I had a pretty good tempo this weekend and finished the basic frame structures to both artoo. All in all about 8-10 working hours, from sawing, swearing, re-sawing, putting together, glueing, touching, swearing, re-putting together and re-glueing. I'll let the glue dry this time before I begin setting in the screws, lol. I'm pretty prowd of myself considering I had to make 8 identical rings and matching beams. And to top it all off that crate of band-aids was pretty much bored the entire weekend, lol.... I guess this offically marks the start of the body building process, yippy!




...more to come

Comments on "No you're not seeing double..."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (January 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM) : 

WOW!! Great progress!!!!!

Nice job!

Jason

 

post a comment