...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Thursday, January 3, 2008

new dome electronics... new problems...







With a new year comes new problems, lol. This christmas I got some new PSI flasher kits for my front and back logic displays so I decided to solder them up and watch the blinking lights, lol. Well, the lights came on, so I must have done something right, but no blinking. I re-check everything and added a little extra solder just to be sure, but nope. I then tried soldering a mini led flasher (2 LEDS) which is intended for my PSI display and it worked like a charm. I then went back to the non-working PSI flasher and checked and re-checked but nothing. Am I possibly connecting the battery to the wrong parts or is this just a bad PSI board? In the pictures the blue are positive and brown negative. Has anyone a suggetion?

Comments on "new dome electronics... new problems..."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (January 3, 2008 at 6:06 AM) : 

Wish I had a suggestion for you..but I am useless with electronics. Sounds to me like you may have a bad board.

Good luck man! Keep us posted!

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (January 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM) : 

thanks Jason... I'll have to try and find an alternate solution

 

Blogger Calvin Thomas said ... (January 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM) : 

I don't see anything wrong.
Did you try different switch settings?
I did'nt do the LED setup, Is it wired correctly?
I had to do mine alittle different because I bought the 24v.rear logic from Leon and the logic had the resistors mounted to it's board.
The only thing I can think of:
The boards for a while were being shipped with bad crystals and alot of builders were having to have replacements shipped.
Calvin

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (January 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM) : 

Thanks Calvin... I'm gonig to try and do another PSI flasher just to be sure that its not a bad crystal. I bought 4 in all so I have a few more chances to get it right ;)

I got another question for you guys. You know that led mounting board, the ones with all of the wholes for the front and back login displays, where can I get my hands on 2 sets? Everywhere I have looked they are sold as complete kits with LEDs and electronics. I just want the boards. I tried making my own but the results were a disaster. Any ideas?

best regards,
Thomas the newbie ;)

 

post a comment