...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Finally got those plans...

Okay, after getting back from a short business trip in Berlin my newly printed plans were sitting at home waiting for me, Yippy! So this weekend I spent a lot of time in the local DIY stores getting all kinds of tools and materials that I didnt know I would ever need, pretty cool actually. So as soon as the domes arrive, in about a week or so, I can finally measure up the frame for cutting. I also placed and order for some resin-parts and dome electronics. Unfortunately Those wont arrive until the end of this month. I'm having my Sister over for christmas so no issues about duty taxes ;-) I guess its kind of a "hurry-up-and-wait" situation right now, but the wheels are in motion none the less :)

Comments on "Finally got those plans..."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM) : 

Glad to hear you are making some progress!!!

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 2, 2007 at 1:18 PM) : 

Yea well... its the waiting that's killing me...but good things come to those who wait ;-)

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 3, 2007 at 9:40 AM) : 

I hera you man! I HATE the waiting!!!!

 

post a comment