...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Friday, January 4, 2008

yikes..the first big weekend....

Well, I have 2 big weekends coming up for this project. The holiday relatives have finally left, the phone will be off the hook, kids are away, the final cutting tools are in place and a crate of band-aids are in the ready ;) This weekend I'm going to try and scatch build 2 artoo frames (wooden) at the same time, yikes. If all goes well, thats a big if, I can start on the dome the following weekend... I'll keep you guys posted but prayers are welcomed ;)

Comments on "yikes..the first big weekend...."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (January 5, 2008 at 8:45 AM) : 

Good luck!!!!! Crate of Band Aids...haha!

Now get off the computer and get to work! ;)

Jason

 

post a comment