...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Thursday, November 22, 2007

the first set back...


I don't know how Brenda could see it but yepp my plans are off by about a 3rd of an inch. They are a 3rd of an inch too small, both vertically and horizontally. The Question is will anyone notice or do I have to invest in a reprint? Suggestions are much appreciated while my hairs turn grey, lol.

Comments on "the first set back..."

 

Blogger Calvin Thomas said ... (November 22, 2007 at 12:44 PM) : 

I'd reprint because the parts you get from the group won't fit.
Kinkos did this to us and they did the reprint for free.
Calvin

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (November 22, 2007 at 2:27 PM) : 

thanks Calvin...I'll look into a reprint tomorrow

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (November 23, 2007 at 6:07 AM) : 

Yeah..if you leave this it will forever haunt you! WHether or not people notice YOU will. I am my own biggest critic!!

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (November 23, 2007 at 10:11 AM) : 

Yea jason, its already haunting me, lol. I'll have to bite the bullet and get some new prints

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (November 23, 2007 at 12:49 PM) : 

Maybe I should just consider aluminum skins?

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (November 24, 2007 at 8:21 AM) : 

Depends on your budget. That would probably be the easiest solution.

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (November 24, 2007 at 10:18 AM) : 

Still a little on the fence about which way to go...but I will keep you posted.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (December 14, 2007 at 8:58 PM) : 

why do you need full size plans for everything? there are very few if any you need that way.

chris

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 15, 2007 at 9:24 PM) : 

Yes Chris, thats true. You don't really need fullsize plans for everything. I just like to do a quick size comparison from time to time. Are you also working on an R2?

Thomas

 

post a comment