...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

R2's front/rear PSIs'...

While trying to get up the courage to begin marking and cutting the domes I decide to test those PSI lights for both artoo's. I found these PSI "wannabees" at a local novelty store for about 4 dollars each and thought they would work nicely. The lights are bright LEDs and each unit runs for hours on 3 AAA bateries. The colours aren't totally correct but hey, I thought they would look cool enough anyway.... I hope ;-)

Comments on "R2's front/rear PSIs'..."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 19, 2007 at 6:10 AM) : 

Lokks great man. I can the club approved ones...but they don't work great for me..they are supposed to alternate blue/red and yellow/green...but they flash way to fast!

There is a thing you can adjust the speed with, but it doenst seem to work for me.. doh!

Yours are nice. Maybe not 100% accurate, but I like how the colors transition nice and slow. :)

Jaosn

 

post a comment