...a long time ago...about 25 years ago actually I made a lifesize rc R2 out of cardboard, sweat and a lot of tape. It made it through one sf convention before I had to mothball it because of rain the very next day, lol. Now after a long thought process over the years and after visiting so many conventions (last being the celebration III and IV). I decided this is it. I love a challenge, I've love the entire astrodroid concept as well as Star Wars (of course) and face it R2's the real hero. So this is my attempt to recreate a hero to us all R2-D2 as well as a newer hero R2-R9. Fell free to leave comments and tips....Best Regards Thomas
 

Sunday, December 23, 2007

no need for a 3rd PSI test...

After talking with a few r2builders I decided to stick to the original colours. The PSI's should be red/blue in front and yellow/green in back. There's no point in making a great looking unofficial-artoo. Also I'm a pain when it comes to detail and it would just eat me up.

Now, like everyone else, its time for a little holiday break from artoo. But, it won't be a total break. I have a bunch of electric components, resin parts, hobby machinery and tools coming in santa's big red sack so there will be an unusual amount of drooling going on this holiday ;)


yea...they have these things in Hawaii as well ;)

Comments on "no need for a 3rd PSI test..."

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 23, 2007 at 10:06 AM) : 

Hawaii? I thought u were in Sweden (Stockholm).

Dang...after I visit Calvin in Florida you are next on my list!!!!

:p

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 23, 2007 at 3:42 PM) : 

hahaha Jason.... I was there earlier this year doing a presentation... right now I'm freezing my but off in Sweden (stockholm). But you are very welcomed to visit me and my family here in Sweden. The mailbox in Hawaii gave me the final inspiration to start building my own artoo ;)

Have a very merry and safe christmas holiday

Thomas

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 24, 2007 at 8:59 AM) : 

Haha..you did confuse me!

Sounds good..I'll look you up if Im everin Sweden!

How cold is it? We're about 5 below freezing right now..not too bad.

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 24, 2007 at 11:22 AM) : 

Its about 5 - 10 below....it other words warm this time of the year ;)

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 29, 2007 at 1:01 PM) : 

Wow...sounds like it gets cold there. We can get to about -40....but thats not too often.

Hope you had a great christmas and a happy new year!!!

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 30, 2007 at 5:02 AM) : 

Thanks Jason, yea normally went I visit my friends in the northern parts of sweden it gets around -30 or -40 as well. My opposite experience was about 52C (126F) in Las Vegas 2 years ago ;)

I promised the misses not to do too much work on artoo over the holidays but I still can surf the internet (r2builders) and plan some parts building, ordering etc. After the relatives have gone home (next weekend) I can begin doing some serious building, yippy. Its kind of like lookiing at your presents but not being able to open them, lol

Have a continued pleasant christmas Holiday and wonderful New Year with your loved ones :)

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM) : 

52 in Vegas?!? WOW! Me and my buddy are planning to go there in Feb for a getaway!

I hear you about seeing R2 and not being able to work. I take it you dont have kids?? Its like that for all the time now. ;)

All my best to you and your "misses" and the family for the new year!

Jason

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 31, 2007 at 6:45 AM) : 

Thanks and the same... by the way I have two 16 year old "kids" ;-)

 

Blogger SuperDad said ... (December 31, 2007 at 9:00 AM) : 

AH..then you have helpers. ;)

Twins?

 

Blogger The life of thomas said ... (December 31, 2007 at 6:57 PM) : 

well.... twins yes..helpers...not really....todays kids love SW but hate doing anything creative, lol

Thomas

 

post a comment